Pasta Carbonarawith Jamonilla®
- 20 min
- 4 people
- 12 oz Tulip Jamonilla®
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup creme
- 12 oz spaghetti
- 0,25 cup parmesan cheese
- 0,25 cup green peas
- Freshly ground pepper
Cook the spaghetti
- Fill a large pot with enough water to cover the spaghetti.
- Bring the water to boil, then add salt and pasta. Set a timer for the recommended cooking time on the package. Remember to stir a few times to prevent the spaghetti from sticking.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain the water from the pasta and put it aside.
Bring the dish together
- Dice the Jamonilla® into squares and mince the garlic.
- Add one teaspoon of oil to a medium-sized frying pan and place over medium-high heat. Add the Jamonilla® and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Combine garlic, cream, parmesan cheese, pasta, and green peas into the pan. Stir for a few minutes.
- Add the spaghetti and mix well over the heat so it soaks up all the flavors.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Cook for another 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Serve with grated parmesan and freshly ground pepper.
WATCH OUR COOKING VIDEO HERE:
Swaps and substitutions
The great thing about this recipe is that you can swap out the spaghetti with any kind of pasta you have at home. Make sure to follow the cooking instructions on the package. If you are a cheese-lover, you can try adding pecorino cheese which contributes a salty and strong taste of cheese.