Rice with Jamonilla®with Coconut Milk and Ginger
- 45 min
- 4 people
- 12 oz Tulip Jamonilla®
- 2,5 cups rice
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Fresh ginger
- Fresh cilantro
- Olive oil
How to cook rice
- Measure the desired amount of rice. For most types of rice, you’ll need 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water, which you can scale up or down.
- Rinse the rice to get rid of dusty starches.
- Place the rice in a fine-mesh strainer and rinse under cold water until the water from the rice becomes clear.
- Bring water to a boil at high heat.
- When the water is boiling add rice and salt.
- After adding the rice, the temperature of the water will drop, and it will stop boiling. Wait until it’s back to a gentle simmer. Then reduce the heat to low and keep the lid on.
- Set a timer for 12 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the rice rest for five to ten minutes with the lid on.
- Put the rice aside to cool.
Make the wok
- Chop onion, garlic, and ginger finely.
- Roughly slice the Jamonilla®.
- Heat one tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok or large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the vegetables and meat to the pan and sauté together.
- Once the vegetables soften, add rice and coconut milk, and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve the meal hot with finely cut cilantro on top.
WATCH OUR COOKING VIDEO HERE:
Swaps and substitutions
This dish tastes great cold as well. If served cold, we recommend serving it with a fresh Asian salad with shredded red cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, broccoli, and snow peas.